Thursday, September 9, 2010
Recipe #25: brownies (the crispy version)
In my previous recipe, I mentioned how to make soft brownies. They are delicious because of their soft and sticky texture. If you want to try a different, more crispy texture, then try this version.
1. 3 c. chocolate chips, divided
2. 1/2 c. butter
3. 4 large eggs
4. 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
5. 1 c. sugar
6. 1 tsp. vanilla extract
7. 1 tsp. baking soda
8. 1/4 c. hot water
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Mix flour and baking soda.
3. Melt 2 cups chocolate chips and butter in bowl over water-filled frying pan on low-medium heat; stir until smooth.
3. Remove mixture from heat and put into mixer.
4. Stir in sugar and mix well.
5. Stir in vanilla extract and slowly add hot water; blend well.
6. Slowly add eggs, one at a time.
7. Turn mixer to low speed and add flour mixture; stir in remaining cup chocolate chips.
8. Put into prepared baking pan bake for 30-35 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in brownies comes out clean.
1. Brownies are usually made in square shape using a baking pan. For this variant, you can put into shaped molds, such as those for mini-muffins. You can also use other shapes, like the heart, as seen in the photo.