Monday, September 6, 2010
Recipe #19: roast chicken breast salad
Most people thought our octopus salad was refreshing and delicious. Even without the octopus or squid, you can substitute the octopus with chicken that's made for salad. It should taste just a good. You can even add fruit, such as white peaches and kiwi!
1. 3 oz. cooked chicken breasts, stripped
2. 1/2 celery rib, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
3. 1/4 green and red bell peppers
4. 4 basil leaves
5. 1/2 medium size onion
6. Half of an apple, sliced
7. 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
8. Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut the onion into thin slices and soak in cold water. Set aside.
2. Cut green and red peppers, and basil into thin strips.
3. Put onion and peppers together into plate. Put chicken on top. Add basil.
4. Arrange apples slices evenly on plate.
5. Mix olive oil, lemon juice and the other sprig of thyme (without the stems) using whisk and pour on plate.
1. For fans of spicy food, hot peppers can substitute the bell peppers.
2. If it's summer, a refreshing salad is very filling. White peach fits very well, and is perhaps even better than apples.