Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Recipe #51: Omurice
If you like both omelettes and fried rice, you won't have a dilemmatic choice. You can enjoy the taste of both!
1. Refer to the ingredients for the shrimp fried rice. Omit the scrambled eggs, but prepare ten fresh eggs.
2. If this is too much, you can reduce the amount.
3. Ketchup (depends on how much you like)
1. Use the same method for making the fried rice, minus the scrambled eggs.
2. Add salt to eggs and beat them.
3. Add 1 Tbsp. oil to a saucepan. When oil is hot, add about two eggs into the pan and let it cook.
4. When egg is half cooked, add 1 c. fried rice and fold the egg and wait until the egg is fully cooked.
5. Move to plate, add ketchup and serve. Repeat the process for the remaining egg mixture.
1. If you are concerned about high cholestrol, you can replace some of the egg yolks with egg whites.