Sunday, December 12, 2010
Do you love bread? Chocolate? Or both?
Recipe #61: chocolate chip bun
If you are one of those people who never get tired of eating bread or if you are one of those people who never get tired of eating chocolate, then you defintely won't get tired of our chocolate chip bun.
If you're tired from working overtime, or if you have a carefree afternoon, or if you're enjoying a rainy day, a chocolate chip bun and a cup of tea or coffee will make you feel like you're the luckiest person in the world.
Some of my colleagues even asked me where I bought this. If you follow this recipe, your creation will look very professional.
1. 3/4 c. water
2. 1 egg
3. 1/4 c. butter
4. 1/4 c. sugar
5. 3 c. bread flour
6. 1 tsp. salt
7. 2 tsp. yeast
8. handful of chocolate chips
9. chocolate syrup
10. half of an egg yolk and 1 tsp. water, mixed well
1. Mix all ingredients, except chocolate chip, syrup and egg yolk, in bread machine
2. Set to "dough"; once the dough is ready, remove it from the container and punch it down.
3. Split dough into 8 to 12 pieces, depending on how large you want each to be.
4. Flatten the center of each piece a bit
5. Apply egg yolk mixture to surface of dough pieces.
6. Add chocolate chips on center of buns.
7. When dough has risen a little more (after about 20 to 30 minutes), add chocolate syrup.
8. Put in oven (preheated at 350 degrees) for about 15-18 minutes.
9. When buns are golden, remove from oven and add chocolate syrup.
1. Chocolate chips can be used whole or chopped into small pieces.
2. If you do not have chocolate syrup, the buns will still taste very good.